Ten Days of Prayer
As we enter a new year with Ten Days of Prayer, we asked 50 leading Adventists to share their prayers for the Seventh-day Adventist Church in 2015. Here is what they said.
January 7, 2015
- January 17, 2015Special Last Day of Prayer: Jan. 17Carla Gober-Park and Guillermo E. Biaggi
- January 16, 2015Day Ten of Prayer: Jan. 16Lisa M. Beardsley-Hardy, John Bradshaw, Brad Thorp, Mike Tucker, and Hyveth B. Williams
- January 15, 2015Day Nine of Prayer: Jan. 15Heather J. Knight, Andrea Luxton, John McVay, Robert L. Robinson, and Ella Simmons
- January 14, 2015 Day Eight of Prayer: Jan. 14Stephen P. Bohr, Art V. Chadwick, Japhet J. De Oliveira, Carissa McSherry, and Paul Ratsara
- January 13, 2015Day Seven of Prayer: Jan. 13Laurel Damsteegt, Dale E. Galusha, Kendra Haloviak Valentine, Kathryn Proffitt, and Rathinaraj John
- January 12, 2015Day Six of Prayer: Jan. 12Natasha Nebblett, Raafat Kamal, Nancy Wilson, Albert Gulfan Jr., and Bruno Vertallier
- January 11, 2015Day Five of Prayer: Jan. 11Myrna L. Hanna, Raymond Holmes, Erton Köhler, Jeffrey Kuhlman, and Ken Shaw
- January 10, 2015Day Four of Prayer: Jan. 10George R. Knight, Vinita Sauder, David Shin, Homer Trecartin, and Ed Zinke
- January 09, 2015Day Three of Prayer: Jan. 9Judy Aitken, Jack Blanco, Nerida Koolik, Jonathan Musvosvi, and Leslie N. Pollard.
- January 08, 2015Day Two of Prayer: Jan. 8Audrey E. Andersson, Dan Augsburger, Doug Batchelor, Clifford Goldstein, and Daniel R. Jackson
- January 07, 2015Day One of Prayer: Jan. 7Mark Finley, Richard H. Hart, Danielle Seban, Alden Thompson, and Ted N.C. Wilson
Updates from the International Conference on the Bible and Science
August 15, 2014
- August 26, 2014Adventists Asked to Follow Example of First Recycler, GodEducators call on Adventists to expand their sense of stewardship beyond tithe to include the environment.
- August 25, 2014‘God's Final Message and Your Role’Transcript of President Ted N.C. Wilson’s closing speech at the International Conference on the Bible and Science.
- August 25, 2014‘Blessed Is That Teacher’Transcript of Vice President Michael L. Ryan’s Sabbath sermon at the International Conference on the Bible and Science.
- August 24, 2014Wilson Urges All Adventists to Reaffirm Stance on CreationThe Adventist Church president’s comments come as educators at a Bible and science conference pledge to teach the biblical understandings of origins in their classrooms.
- August 23, 2014Adventist Schools Called to Become Global Scientific LeadersMichael Ryan, a vice president of the Adventist world church, tells educators that the secret is to remain faithful like Moses and Daniel.
- August 22, 2014Neanderthals the Result of Biological Engineering?A biologist ponders whether a riddle about so-called apemen can be explained by Ellen White.
- August 22, 2014Teachers Urged to Think Outside Evolutionary BoxAdventist scientists make appeal with crocodile dung, Ford cars, and a giant human footprint.
- August 21, 2014Grand Canyon Offers Adventist Teachers a Lesson on CreationAbout 400 participants of the International Conference on the Bible and Science take a field trip.
- August 18, 2014‘God’s Authoritative Voice’Transcript of President Ted N.C. Wilson’s keynote speech that opened the International Conference on the Bible and Science.
- August 15, 2014Wilson: No Room for Evolutionists in Adventist SchoolsThe Adventist Church leader makes a case for a young Earth as he opens a major Bible and science conference in Utah.
Adventist Church Overhauls U.S. Publishing Operations
June 17, 2014
- June 17, 2014With Goal of Repositioning Its Media, Adventist Church Overhauls North American Publishing OperationsConstituency meetings of Review and Herald and Pacific Press clear the way for the implementation of the biggest restructuring in Adventist publishing’s 153-year history.
- June 17, 2014Highlights of Restructuring PlanDetails of the restructuring plan approved on June 17 by the constituencies of Pacific Press Publishing Association (PPPA) and the Review and Herald Publishing Association (RHPA).
- June 17, 2014How Restructuring Plan Aligns With Ellen White’s Advice
- June 17, 20145 Strengths of Each Publishing HouseIn recent months, Adventist leaders have weighed the benefits of basing the North American Division’s publishing operations at Pacific Press (PPPA) in Nampa, Idaho, or at Review and Herald (RHPA) in Hagerstown, Maryland.
April 1, 2014
In God's Image: Summit on Human Sexuality
Read the daily reports from Cape Town, South Africa
March 20, 2014
- March 27, 2014Consistency and Caring Urged as Sexuality Summit ConcludesGeneral Conference vice-president, education director, and seminary professors draw lessons from the Cape Town leadership conference.
- March 25, 2014Adventist Professor's Devotional Series Urges Appropriate Conversation About SexCape Town Bulletin 7 — Reclaim 'spirituality of sexuality,' Nixon says
- March 20, 2014Landless Calls for Compassion, Regardless of CauseCape Town Bulletin #6 — Adventist Church's health leader surveys medical evidence on causes, incidence of homosexuality
- March 19, 2014Reality of Fallen World Calls for Nuance, Humility, Adventist Behavioral Scientist SaysCape Town Bulletin #5
- March 19, 2014Panel Members Tell Moving Stories of Brokenness, ChangeCape Town Bulletin #4
- March 18, 2014Preserve Identity of Church, But Minister to Gay and Lesbian Community, Panelists at Adventist Sexuality Summit sayCAPE TOWN BULLETIN #3
- March 18, 2014At Sexuality Summit, Adventist Church President Reflects on ‘Human Brokenness’Approach sin with ‘clarity and tact’ and faithfulness to biblical truth, Wilson says
- March 17, 2014“In God’s Image” Summit on Sexuality Opens in Cape TownCape Town Bulletin #1
Mark A. Kellner reports from the World Council of Churches 10th Assembly in Busan, Republic of Korea
November 5, 2013
- January 07, 2015Concluding Thoughts from Ecumenism’s SummitThe final statements have yet to be released, and the last press conference hasn’t been held, but the end of the 10th Assembly of the World Council of Churches is in sight, and some conclusions can perhaps be drawn.
- November 04, 2013At WCC, Ecumenism Encounters EvangelismThe WCC unveiled its first statement on evangelism in over 30 years, “Together towards Life: Mission and Evangelism in Changing Landscapes,” at a plenary session.
- November 01, 2013Russian Orthodox Leader Defends Persecuted Christians, Slams Moral Laxity in WCC TalkBucking a trend of skirting controversial issues here, a leader of the Russian Orthodox Church declared "Christians are the most persecuted religious community on the planet."
- November 01, 2013Archbishop of CanterburyThe leader of the world’s 80 million Anglicans, the Most. Rev. and Rt. Hon. Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury, told reporters at the World Council of Churches that he hopes for global Christian unity, but as a move of the Holy Spirit, and not through human efforts.
- October 31, 2013World Council’s Prophetic Voice is Sometimes a Whisper, Leader SaysModerator says protests stem from misunderstanding
- October 31, 2013World Council of Churches Opens 10th Assembly“God of life, lead us to justice and peace,” is the slogan for the 10th Assembly of the World Council of Churches.
Route to Roots
Tracking Adventist Pioneers
November 4, 2013
- October 24, 2013What Remains?
- October 23, 2013Let’s Change the World
- October 22, 2013It’s Personal
- October 21, 2013The Day After . . .
- October 20, 2013Holding on to Jesus—Even With a Numb Finger
- October 20, 2013People and Passion
- October 18, 2013Those Who Did—Those Who Didn’t
- October 17, 2013The Nitty-Gritty of Daily Life
- October 17, 2013So Many Routes…
Annual Council 2013
A special report
October 30, 2013
- October 18, 2013First Phase of Comprehensive Health Ministry Will Promote Future WorkIn blended focus, congregations urged to offer “gift of health”
- October 18, 2013Annual Council Delegates Review Suggested Wording Changes to 28 Fundamental BeliefsClearer, updated language would be up for vote at 2015 GC Session; no more ‘fruitage,’ just ‘fruit’
- October 18, 2013Adventist Church Website Redesign UnveiledLeaders hope unified look will strengthen brand
- October 16, 2013Adventist Treasurer Makes Case for Inclusion of Young Adults‘Leave Young People a Seat at the Table of Decision-Making,’ Lemon says
- October 16, 2013Adventist Evangelism Gets Boost From ‘Creation’ Film, Departmental Plans27-minute video should be shown in all congregations, Wilson says
- October 15, 2013Portrait of a Delegate: Stefan GiulianiHe’s a 22-year-old university student from Graz, Austria, the country’s second largest city and a 120-mile drive south and west of Vienna.
- October 15, 2013Creative Outreach Projects Highlighted at Council on Evangelism and WitnessHealth food store ministeriing to hundreds, safety conversations with neighbors
- October 14, 2013Ten Years on, Adventist Church’s Hope Channel Claims Global VictoriesNew Philippines channel launched during Annual Council report
- October 14, 2013Adventist Church Global Membership Nears 18 Million, with 1.1 Million Baptisms in 2012Ng and team identify trends, reasons for growth or decline in Annual Council report
- October 14, 2013Another ViewThe unlikely Annual Council “honorary delegate” smiles across the conference room table, darting his eyes around, waving his hands for emphasis, and . . . cooing.
- October 12, 2013Consistent, Expressive Faith Called For in Annual Council Messages1888 Message recalled; Wilson emphasizes communication of Gospel
- October 12, 2013Management Expert Hamel Exhorts Adventist Leaders to Encourage InnovationWorld’s leading business thinker among those presenting at GC’s LEAD sessions
Mission to the Cities
A special report
October 9, 2013
- October 02, 2013Statement Due on ‘Mission to the Cities’World church leaders promise action as conference concludes
- September 30, 2013In Sermon, in Demonstration, Seventh-day Adventists Urged Toward Urban MinistryWilson: ‘It’s time to reach the millions’ in the cities
- September 29, 2013Statistics Reveal Massive Adventist Missions Challenge, Leaders SayThere’s substantial church impact in many lands, but ‘10/40 Window’ remains unreached
- September 28, 2013“It’s Time!”International Urban Mission Conference Sermon
- September 28, 2013‘Enter Cities’ for Mission, Ng Urges at Urban Mission Conference OpeningNecessity of urban work clear from need, Ellen White’s counsel
Follow the Revelation Voyage
With Bill Knott and Claude Richli
October 3, 2013
- September 10, 2013Remembering TurkeyToday, I leave Turkey, one of my favorite countries in the world. I love this country because of the friendliness of its people, its rich cultural heritage, its gorgeous (and healthy food), and because it is the land where so much of Paul and of John’s ministry took place.
- September 10, 2013Sabbath Just Outside of EphesusThe Sabbath hours began with a gorgeous sunset over the bay of Kusadasi, where we stay in a hotel overlooking the harbor. Truly, this is to be a special Sabbath to cap an extraordinary week of discoveries in the sun and the surf, following the footsteps of the apostles.
- September 09, 2013Back on Terra Firma (dry land), and on to EphesusWe spent the night in a secluded cove, between the Greek island of Samos and mainland Turkey. The channel at this spot is only about one mile wide.
- September 06, 2013Miletus and PrieneThe sun is setting over the Aegean Sea, bringing another wonderful day to a close, a day rich in discoveries.
- September 06, 2013DidymaFive hours of sailing including a break in a secluded bay for breakfast bring us back to the Turkish mainland for a visit to the ancient city of Didyma.
- September 05, 2013PatmosThe name of this insignificant Greek island may be short. But is also memorable, and for good reason.
- September 04, 2013Adventists are a Hardy BunchTwenty three of the 34 participants are over 65! Considering that this cruise is an adventure by sea and land, by ship and by bike, I can’t but admire the courage and stamina of our participants, especially our older ones.
- September 03, 2013Kos IslandOff to sea we go! We cross from Bodrum in Turkey to the first Greek Island, Kos.
- September 02, 2013Sabbath by the SeaThirty four participants from the United States, Canada and Zimbabwe converged on Bodrum, on the shore of the Aegean Sea near Izmir, ancient Smyrna, to begin the Adventist Review Revelation Cruise 2013.